Politicians are planning to raise the minimum retirement age and should think again. Next we’ll be told 80 is the new 70. There are 5 good reasons why working until you’re 80 is a bad idea.
- Yearly sick leave quotas will increase. There are too many preventative screening tests after 50.
- Fractured femurs will cause workplace insurance to skyrocket.
- Grandparent Leave will be introduced because no one is at home to look after the kids.
- All product labelling will be redesigned with large print. Otherwise the peaches will end up with the pears on supermarket shelves
- Compulsory superannuation will go. Many of us won’t get to retire so the whole scheme will no longer apply. Use the money to pay university debt instead – the Uniannuation Fund! …mmm…this one might be a good idea.